Some of you may be aware of the ongoing Pepsi Refresh Project, grants of $5000, 25,000, 50,000 and 250,000 are being awarded to individuals and organizations with creative ideas to affect positive change in their communities.
Well…one of RCASA’s ideas was submitted and accepted!!!! (yay!)
Here is an outline of our idea:
- To educate youth on healthy, respectful relationships
- To educate parents, teachers, and youth leaders on primary prevention.
- To establish effective collaborations with allied partners.
Primary prevention, before violence has occurred, will ensure dramatically fewer incidents of sexual assault. Increasing prevention services will ultimately result in a reduction of violence, therefore less money will be needed for intervention services for mental and physical health issues related to sexual assault.
RCASA’s Prevention program will consist of three levels of curriculums aimed at elementary, middle, and high school students in an effort to teach youth about healthy sexual relationships and how to avoid situations that put them at a higher risk of victimization.
- Choose Respect is an initiative to help adolescents form healthy relationships to prevent dating abuse before it starts.
- Safe Dates is a primary and secondary dating abuse prevention program that is evidenced-based for adolescents in the 8th or 9th grades.
So we need your support by voting for our idea on the Pepsi Refresh Project website. There are numerous ways you can vote, you can click on this link and vote on their website or you can text your vote Text 105350 to Pepsi (73774) (*Standard text messaging rates apply.).
So please vote, and tell all of your friends to vote too!!!! (you can post links to our idea and voting page on your facebook and Twitter accounts)
You can vote for our idea once every day!
*Voting ends Jan. 31st