RCASA representatives will be present for several of the upcoming orientation activities taking place on campus at UMW. RCASA has a long history of working with UMW and it’s administrators in educating students about both community and campus resources for victims of assault, offering educational presentations and speaking out about prevention. At RCASA, we are dedicated to caring and helping people recover from sexual violence and abuse. We provide a safe, healing environment so survivors can express feelings, be understood and have access to a range of supportive and therapeutic services.
•24-hour hotline phone support and crisis services
• Victim Advocacy for medical care and legal needs
• Parent Education
• Counseling Services – a full range of counseling services – crisis, support groups, individual counseling
• Community Services – presentations, education, outreach, prevention, and training
The University of Mary Washington is an academic community dedicated to the highest standards of scholarship, personal integrity, responsible conduct, and respect for the individual. Among their foremost common values:
• The importance of personal integrity as reflected in adherence to the Honor Code
• The right of every individual to be treated with dignity and respect at all times
• The acceptance of and respect for diversity in our community and adherence to the University’s Statement of Non-Discrimination
• The freedom of intellectual inquiry in the pursuit of truth
Members of the University community refuse to tolerate behavior that in any way compromises or threatens these values.
Thursday August 19th, 9:45 – 11:15, Community Expectations, George Washington Hall, Dodd Auditorium
UMW students have a right to a community in which their potential to succeed – academically, socially, and personally – is maximized. Standards for conduct aren’t rules, they are signposts to success. Hear from peers and Student Life administrators about your community’s expectations of you.
Tuesday August 24, 2010, 4-6pm. Community Service Fair, Ball Circle, (Rain Location: Woodard Campus Center, Great Hall) Representatives from local community service agencies will be on campus to help you get involved in the community and their agencies!