RCASA is currently looking for part-time hospital crisis responders.
Summary of Duties
The Crisis Responder provides immediate crisis response advocacy services to survivors of sexual assault and their loved ones as part of the agency’s 24-hour hotline and hospital accompaniment services. She or he is also responsible for providing support and information to RCASA Victim Advocate Volunteers when on duty.
- Shifts – Signs up for a set number of overnight and weekend shifts. Responsibilities include communicating with volunteers and Answering Service, taking special/sensitive hotline calls, and providing medical accompaniment (hospital calls) when requested.
- Crisis intervention – provides advocacy and emotional support, gives information and is a referral resource for survivors, families and other individuals involved in the case. Responds to all requests to accompany victims to medical care and evidence collection at local hospital or child advocacy centers.
- Follows all agency policies and procedures – maintains strict confidentiality regarding client information, honors the agency Code of Professional Ethics for Victim Advocates.
- Sustains knowledge of agency programs and services, as well as area referral resources.
- Paperwork – Fills out all appropriate VA Data forms for all hotline, and face-to-face contacts, and turns them into the agency within 24 hours.
- Attendance at Meetings – Is an active participant in scheduled supervision meetings and staff meetings. Provides staff support at agency events as requested by supervising staff.
- General Office Duties – provides general office support to the victim services division or other divisions as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Executive Director.
- Demonstrated ability to handle crisis calls, remain calm & non-judgmental.
- Must have own transportation.
- Must have cell phone.
- Must be willing to go to the hospital at all hours of the night during your shift.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Able to handle multi-phone system, perform basic office skills, is computer literate.
- Advanced knowledge of sexual violence issues.
- Graduate of RCASA’s 40-hour advocate skill building training.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, work both independently and with a team.
If you are interested in this position please email us at email@example.com or call 540.371.6771.